Whilst much of the focus concerning the Global March to Jerusalem has been on the subject of organisation along Israel’s borders, events are scheduled to take place inside Israel and the Palestinian Authority controlled territories too.
Among the GMJ organisers are Mohammed Zeidan of the Higher Arab Monitoring Committee, Saeed Yaqeen and Jamal Juma’a of ‘Stop the Wall’ and Salah Al-Khawaja of the ‘Nil’in Popular Resistance Committee’. The Global March to Jerusalem is endorsed by Raed Salah – leader of the Hamas-linked Northern Islamic Movement – who was banned from entering the UK last year. Some 20 or so Palestinian organisations are backing the Global March to Jerusalem.
On March 26th a meeting was held in Ramallah to co-ordinate GMJ actions on Friday March 30th. Note the reference to “our people in occupied Palestine in 48”: terminology used by those who reject Israel’s existence.
“The meeting also addressed the need to organize the largest possible number of popular rallies in all Palestinian sites as a fulfillment for each drop of blood bled from a martyr or wounded and to every prisoner’s sigh lost freedom while defending our land to preserve its Arab identity. The Commission emphasized on the need for an active popular participation in the CENTRAL PEACEFUL MARCHES ” THE GLOBAL MARCH TO JERUSALEM” which begins after Friday prayers at 12:30 at Qalandia military checkpoint the North Gate of Jerusalem, the march of Bethlehem next to the apartheid wall, the march in our capital Jerusalem which will start marching from Damascus gate, as well as the march of our people in the occupied Palestine in 48 in Sakhnin and Deir Hanna, all these marches will coincide with the Global March to Jerusalem which will be launched in a number of Arab and international countries the same time.”
The website ‘Arabs 48’ suggests that demonstrations are also scheduled to take place in Kfar Kanna, ‘Arrabe and the Negev, as well as in Jaffa on Saturday.
- Regional organisation ahead of the Global March to Jerusalem. (gm2j.co)
- Global March to Jerusalem organiser objects to exposure of its aims (gm2j.co)
- Global March to Jerusalem fundraiser Gilad Atzmon’s odious conspiracy theory on Toulouse murders (gm2j.co)
- Leading Global March to Jerusalem organizers embrace Gilad Atzmon (gm2j.co)
- Hizballah site promotes Holocaust-denying Global March to Jerusalem organizer (gm2j.co)
- ‘Federation of Islamic Organizations in Europe’ issues rallying call supporting Global March to Jerusalem (gm2j.co)
- Mixed messages about violence from the Global March to Jerusalem (gm2j.co)
- Who’s fundraising for ‘Global March to Jerusalem’ in Canada? (gm2j.co)
- Global March to Jerusalem: denying Jewish rights and history (gm2j.co)